Sorry, this job has expired.
Burkhart Enterprises, Inc. is a third generation company that has diligently continued to improve and expand its business over the past six decades. Truck transportation is a major operation at Burkhart Enterprises. This part of organization supports all our other operations & brings them together as a cohesive process.
We are currently seeking a Class A or B CDL truck driver in the Knoxville, TN, area. You will drive within a 500 mile radius of Knoxville.
The benefits of working with us include:
• Local and Home DAILY
• Excellent pay
• Safety bonus
• Longevity bonus
• High driver retention rate
You will be home on weekends and frequently you will also be home during the week.
Our operations include:
• A loading & unloading facility.
• A rail facility with 2000′ Rail, bottom dump pit, 32 car capacity.
• Privately-owned river port where loaded barges are off loaded using two large excavators equipped with clamshell buckets.
• A 1250 Komatsu & 1000 Komatsu.
• A 100 ton Northwest crane is also available for more heavy lifting.
• Various other equipment such as loaders, tandem trucks & fork lifts augment the barging operation.
Our equipment includes:
• Late model Mack tractors
• Aluminum flatbed trailers
• Aluminum dump trailers
• Pneumatic tankers
You will also be expected to:
• Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
• Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods.
• Inspect loads to make sure cargo is secure.
• Maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
• Control operations of equipment or systems.
• Watch gauges, dials, or other indicators in order to confirm a machine is working properly.
We require you to have:
• A high school diploma or equivalent
• 2 years of truck driving experience
• Class A or B Commercial Drivers License (CDL)
• Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
• Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
• Managing one's own time and the time of others.
• Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.